Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Historical trip to Saint George

This last weekend I went on a trip to southern Utah; I went with a really great friend of mine, Antonio Neyra, to get some photographs of the Saint George Temple, Visitor Center, Tabernacle, and other Church-historical areas around.

Well, let me tell you, this trip was sensational. We had a really good time and (I think) we got pretty good images after all.

My camera got damaged a bit, but I think that was part of the adventure (lucky me I didn't get damaged or hurt).

After the whole trip, we passed by Zion National Park (where we did a tiny but nice hike) and after that, we went to Bryce Canyon National Park as well (both in one day... from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm). We did those pretty fast, though, relaxed and having fun.

Here are 10 images I hope you enjoy.

This is the Visitor Center with the Temple in the background at night time...
Isn't it amazing?



Inside the Visitor Center, we've got permission to get some images around.



A detailed shot of an antique spectacles on an opened Bible...



The Temple of Saint George at dawn, right before the sun hits the ground.


From a far distant building we got this morning shot, against the sun,
to add drama to the final image.
The rocky horizon reflex the desert area were this city was built.


In the afternoon sun, the final glow of the day upon the Temple.


Getting into Zion, we found this rusted Ford 1945 station wagon, sitting there...
Like waiting for the weather to consume it totally.



I like jumping over the cliffs, when I am happy !!!
Yahhhhooooooooo !!!!


I credit this image to Antonio Neyra who took this photograph of me, while I was getting the final sun rays upon Bryce's hoodoos.


"Final rays" - A backlighted group of hoodoos in Bryce Canyon Nat'l Park. Is like they have flames inside. Looks like they are burning.

Well, I hope you comment in the images.
Take Care you all.
Sincerely,
AL.

2 comments:

  1. We really had a blast, huh! We'll definitely have to do more trips together. The images so far turned out fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do really LOVE your images... I truly believe you are one of the most amazing photographers I've ever met.

    ReplyDelete