Friday, October 12, 2012

PHOTOGRAPHY TIP # 1

#1 - Photography TIP of the DAY:
            Today I want to mention the importance to KNOW YOUR CAMERA!. It's said "if you want to keep a secret from people to know, write it down in the Owner's Manual".
            Most of today's lack of quality in the photography industry is because people DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE THEIR CAMERA! and the worst part is THEY ARE ALREADY CHARGING for their services!
            But, I am not here to criticize the wrong doings of other people, but to teach you what to do: READ your manual and LEARN how to use your camera.
            To make it more fun, get some ice cream if you want, and while you indulge in some sweets, get your camera an it's manual and start to Study it!! Most basic camera tricks and basics operations are in there.
            I know many would be thinking: THIS TIP IS LAME!! But I bet, more than 90% who say that, have NOT read their camera's manual. If you are one of the few that have read your camera's manual, you will agree with me on HOW IMPORTANT THIS TIP IS.
            About 4 weeks ago I was taking some customer's photographs, she calling herself a 'photographer' (she is still in the phase of learning about this beautiful craft), and she mentioned she has a customer already... When I asked her about her camera settings, she answered: I put the camera in the "green set" (Fully Programmed mode) and I take my photographs like that. I was almost ready to cut my own veins, ready to jump from a bridge down in front to a moving train!!... Hahaha... not truly, but I was some how frustrated. I went ahead and told her that she must know her camera first and then take photographs...
            I hope you don't find this TIP tedious, boring or lack of content.
            I encourage you to READ YOUR MANUAL, LEARN TO USE YOUR CAMERA, and PRACTICE LIKE CRAZY!!!!... THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO START WITH THE RIGHT FOOT.

ESPAÑOL (version corta)
           Hoy dia estoy estresando la importancia de CONOCER tu camara fotografica antes de salir a "trabajar" con ella.
           Dentro del MANUAL de INSTRUCCIONES, se encuentran MUCHAS de las tecnicas que los profesionales utilizamos dia a dia.
           LEE TU MANUAL, CONOCE LAS FUNCIONES DE TU CAMARA, y PRACTICA COMO LOCO!!!!... NO HAY OTRA FORMA DE EMPEZAR FOTOGRAFIA CORRECTAMENTE!!!

1 comment: